Yeah Mr. Right!! In every girl’s life this person has to enter at some point, when & how that differs.. But before that, one has to go through an array of Mr. Wrongs who are certified as gr8 guys by our dear parents, family, relatives & friends…Going through that is really frustrating and a funny experience!! How would I know of it?? ‘Coz I’m in that phase right now! As I couldn’t find a decent guy for myself since last 25 yrs, now my parents are doing the honours..:d & i'm going through the torture!!
But seriously, i’m yet to know how will I know HE is the ONE by just looking at his photo or by meeting or talking to him...Is a mere liking enough for one to decide on spending your entire life with eachother for better or for worst, in sickness or in health?? Will there be a lightning/thunder/rain when I meet my guy or will there be what they say” Ringing of bells or shehnaai in my ears” Frankly…I HAVE NO CLUE..
Thinking, a lil bit of research would help me…I asked my mom, why she said yes to dad and her answer was”U Crazy Wild Horse (that’s what she calls me), kuch bhi poochti hain.. There was no such thing as saying yes or no for a girl in our times; it was fixed by our elders...” I was like :o NOWAYS! Now I wouldn’t accept that route :d so I asked my Di the same question and she said,” I don’t know..but something felt right the moment she saw him…she just knew it after talking to him. So don’t worry, u'll just know!!” Now that confused me even more… But after listening to all this & heavy amount of coaxing from my family & married friends on my 25th Birthday I decided to step into the category of “Single & Ready to marry”
And guess what I even got a proposal (man where were these guys when I myself was looking out!) Our Kundli matched, his family was good and after talking to the guy came to know even he was just perfect! But even after all these positive signs...I just couldn’t say YES! After talking with the guy for 40 mins, I realized 4 things:
1. I talk a lot
2. I’m not ready to settle down yet.
3. I don’t need a PERFECT guy
4. My Di was RIGHT AS USUAL!
I used to have a long list of what I didn’t want in a guy-No curly hair, No beard or moustache, no Bad habits-smoking, drinking, etc, and the list goes on… But now I just laugh at my silliness...Though I would be still adamant on the bad habits part, after this small incident I realized if he is the one even his imperfections or shortcomings become endearing...
So, whether I like it or not, one day I would have to lose my spinsterhood & also other benefits attached to it...but till then I will enjoy my freedom to the fullest, leaving Mr. Cupid to the task of searching My Mr. Right & bringing him to me, as I’m too lazy to put that effort ;)
Till then the trial & error continues…………
Love
ShUkShU

2 comments:
I used to have a long list of what I didn’t want in a guy-No curly hair, No beard or moustache, no Bad habits-smoking, drinking, etc, and the list goes on…
????
ever heard of smart,intelligent,caring,sweet blah blah guys??
or was it that u never came across a guy who had stuff beyond his face?
--:P
Well well.... we have a lot more common that i wud have initially thot....hehhehehehe
recently i m bombarded with these inane questions about wat kinda guy i wud want to marry... my mom hads taken upon herself the task of finding a guy coz well she has been aptly convinced of my inability to find a decent man for myself hehheheehhhhehe
but seriously...i agree the list of curly hair beard moustache etc is what can be actually given how in hells name is my mom or any other relative to know wat kinda heart the prospective groom has... ?????? hehehhehehehehe
but good to know other people sailing in the same boat...
cheers to our freedom (till it lasts) lolz...
Post a Comment